Semi-Permanent Make-up and Eyelash ExtensionTreatment Aftercare
The following information is important and you should read it fully before undertaking any of our treatments. If you have any questions please CONTACT US
The treatment colour and sharpness will fade by up to 60% during the two week period following the procedure as your skin heals which is why we recommend a top up appointment for all treatments within 12 weeks of your original appointment.
On average it takes about two weeks (14 days) for the treatment to fully heal but it will depend on your personal circumstances.
In most cases there is some unevenness to the colour of the treatment and that is to be expected and is another reason why we recommend a top up appointment for all treatments within 12 weeks of your original appointment.
For all treatments, you should AVOID for following for at least 2 weeks.
- DO NOT expose your treatment to direct sun light, tanning treatments, jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools or direct shower sprays.
- DO NOT have any other treatments including tinting, waxes, peels, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to the enhancement region.
Long term aftercare
- Always use a strong sunscreen as sun exposure will fade the treatment.
- If you are undertaking any other treatments or procedures including medical procedures you need to inform the technician of your treatments.
- If you donate blood you need to inform the technician before donating as you may not be eligible to give blood for up to one year after your treatment.
Eyebrow Treatment Aftercare
In order to achieve the best results, you should follow the advice outlined here.
Common symptoms after treatment that you should not be worried about.
- Minor swelling, redness and tenderness of the treated area.
- For the treatment area to feel itchy (DO NOT SCRATCH!).
- Dry flaking skin as the treated area scabs over whilst healing.
For the first week after your treatment, you should do the following items daily.
- Apply the provide healing balm to the treatment area up to three times a day.
- Use a gentle facial cleanser to freshen your skin but avoid the treatment area.
- DO NOT splash water on the treatment area.
- Cover the treatment area with a thick layer of Vaseline if you need to wash your hair in order to prevent it from becoming wet. You can use damp cotton pads to remove the applied Vaseline afterwards.
- If your treatment accidentally becomes wet gently dry using a clean tissue or cotton pads.
- Keep your hair away from the treatment area in order to avoid the possibility of infection.
- You should expect some itchiness but whatever you do DO NOT PICK AT, RUB OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH THE TREATMENT. Doing so increases the risk of infection, scarring and an uneven finish to your treatment. You should let the treatment heal naturally.
- DO NOT have any other skin care treatment for at least 7 days after your original treatment.
- DO NOT apply any makeup to the treatment area for at least two weeks.
Eye Treatment Aftercare
In addition to all of the aftercare procedures outlined for Eyebrow treatments outlined above, you should also take note of the following.
- There is no need to apply aftercare balm to the eyes as they are naturally moist.
Lip Treatment Aftercare
In addition to all of the aftercare procedures outlined for Eyebrow and Eye treatments outlined above, you should also take note of the following.
- Drink through a straw for at least two days.
- Keep the lips moist by using a lip balm.
- Avoid Spicy and Salty foods.
- Eat dry foods to avoid getting the lips dirty.
- Avoid Kissing until the lips have completely healed.
Eyelash Extension Treatment Aftercare
- For the first 48 hours after your Eyelash Extension treatment, it’s important not to allow water to come in to contact with your lashes.
- For 2 days afterwards do not steam your face, use a steam bath, swim or wash your face with hot water
- Do not use waterproof mascara
- Use oil free makeup remover if mascara is worn (only use a water-based mascara)
- Do not attempt to perm or use lash curlers on Eyelash Extensions
- Don’t rub your eyes when washing your face – always pat the lashes dry after cleansing
- Ensure lashes are not manipulated into different positions (e.g. when sleeping, cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or cosmetics)
- Eyelash Extensions should only be removed by a professional, we provide a discount for returning customers. Eyelash Removal Treatment.
Not following the guidelines above could lead to scarring or infection for which we cannot be held liable.